Sunday, December 4, 2016

REFLECTION

Over the past 10 weeks, I tried my hand at different types of writing ranging from formal email writing to report writing. Through these writing assignments, I learnt how to properly reference and include citations in my report, what writing style I should use, how to paraphrase, what type of grammar I should use, and more. Besides writing, I also had the chance to improve my presentation skills.

I had a great time learning and enhancing my communication skills. Classes were fun and engaging. I also enjoyed that I got to work with more than one team. This allowed me to expand my social circle and get to know my classmates. I did face difficulties in this module, since a major part of it required independent learning, which I am quite new to. However, I am glad that the course was structured that way as it made me accustomed to independent learning in university. My learning would not have been as effective if it was not for my professor who guided me through this module with his constructive feedback and encouragement. The only aspect of this module that I feel could be improved on is the duration. Ten weeks does not seem sufficient to cover something as broad as ‘communication’. I feel that there is still so much more to learn and to improve on. What I have learnt are just the basics.

I managed to apply what I have learnt in technical communication into my other modules. Despite coming to the end of this module, I still plan on improving my communication skills through more independent learning.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Zakirah, for this clear, concise and comprehensive reflection. I'm happy to know that you found many takeaways in the tasks you did in TLM1010nand that you had fun in the module. Like you, I also felt rushed in our work. If I could spend 12 weeks assisting students with the same level of enthusiasm as you, I'd be quite happy.

    In any case, I appreciate all your contributions this term. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete