Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Formal E-mail Writing

To: Brad Blackstone

From: Zakirah Zulkipli

Date: 21 September 2016

Subject: Introduction

Dear Brad,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. My name is Zakirah and I'm currently studying Telematics at Singapore Institute of Technology. I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic earlier this year with a diploma in Integrated Facility Management. Since my diploma primarily focuses on management, I do not have a solid background in engineering. However, this did not discourage me from wanting to pursue a degree in Telematics.

During my time in polytechnic, I learnt building modelling, real estate business, engineering economics, and other modules that focuses on the development, operation, and management of integrated facilities. In this diploma, students in their second year have a choice to either take the hospitality or aviation elective. I opted for the aviation elective as I was interested in the aviation industry at the time.

My favourite pastime is watching movies. I am a huge film buff, and especially enjoy watching movies from the 80s since its's my favorite decade of cinema. I also like to spend my time listening to my favourite bands and discovering new music.

My ultimate goal for studying in SIT is to become a skillful engineer who is competent in both soft and hard skills. I also hope to expand my knowledge in telematics and in other engineering fields, if the opportunity presents itself to do so. By the time I graduate, I hope to be industry-ready and prepared to start my career. My aim for the future is to have a successful career in the field and industry that I am interested in. As of now, I am still trying to figure where my interests are at exactly.

I look forward to learning new things and broadening my horizons in university.

Sincerely,

Zakirah


Commented on Syafiq's and Karthig's blog post.

Edited on 30/09/16.

3 comments:

  1. Dear zakirah,

    After reading your introduction, I found out that it is concrete as you let me have a clear picture of what you went through during your polytechnic times, your interst in movie and your goal of being a skillful engineer in studying Telematics. All the best in looking forward to learning new things and broadening your horizons.

    Best Regrads,
    Boris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zakirah,

    I enjoyed reading your introduction as I am able to know more about your educational background and your hobbies as well. Your introduction is highly detailed in content, clear and concise.

    I find it interesting that you enjoy movies from the 80s. Not many young adults, do these days.

    I hope you are able to achieve your goals during your time in SIT and I wish you nothing but the best for your future endeavors. I look forward to reading more of your writing!

    With Regards,
    Karthig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Zakirah, for this fine introduction. You present your background and interests clearly and concisely, but with enough detail that we really learn something about what makes you special.

    It's interesting that you had an interest in aviation. How did that develop?

    Also, you mention an interest in 80s film. Wha are some of your favorites? And why did you develop an interest specifically in 80s movies? Does that period also interest you as far as music is concerned? I'd be curious to hear what music you like. :)

    I'm also happy to hear that you are still trying to figure out your career path. Your learning journey should impact that. Step by step :)

    There are a couple very minor language issues in this post:
    1) My aims for the future is.... >>> (subject verb agreement error)
    2) ...studying Telematics.... >>> (capitalization)

    Overall, this is a very informative letter. I appreciate your effort!

    ReplyDelete